Tyres should always last for as long as possible so that you can get the best value from your rims. It’s really important to take care of your tyres because of the increasing shortage of good tyres. This is mainly due to the closure of manufacturing plants and the rise of new specialty tyres that don’t go with older cars. What you should do is increase the life of your current tyres
Top tips on how to increase the lifespan of your tyres
• Ensure your tyres are pressurised: This is something that specialists can do for you. Tyre pressure really affects the quality of your driving experience as well as how long your tyres can last for. Try and get your tyre pressure checked at least once a month.
• Balance your wheels: Your wheels should be balanced regularly; one way to ensure you do this is by rotating the wheels when you change your car’s oil.
• Avoid potholes: Potholes wreak havoc on the health of your tyres and wheels. Always pick high quality tyres and avoid potholes every time. One way to avoid hitting them is roll over the potholes instead of trying to avoid it once you have hit it.
• Look at the tread wear: Keep on track of wheel alignment is a good way to assess the tread wear of your tyres. One way to look at tread way is insert a coin through the wear bars. If the coin’s head is visible through the bar, it’s time to change the tyres.
• Avoid harsh weather exposure: Weather can be your worst enemy and it is said that the icy weather of winter and the summer heat can be detrimental to the health of your tyres. With these top tips, you can understand how to keep your tyres lasting for longer so you can get more value from the rims that you have on the wheels.