Earlier this year, we upgraded our powder coat machine to improve the finish we can achieve and to shorten lead times, so that we can not only offer great looking refurbished alloys wheels but an even better service. The process offers a smoother finish and a quicker bake time, not surprising since the oven heats to an impressive 230℃!
The upgraded machine involves the following process:
- Degas the alloys at 230℃+ for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Turn the heat down to 200℃ – 210℃ as coating begins
- Prime the alloy wheel in the spray booth
- Bake the powder coated alloys for 5 – 10 minutes when last wheel goes back into oven
- Remove wheels once baking is complete and cool to 80℃
- Add the base coat to colour
- Flash off 5 – 10 minutes before putting back into oven
- Put back into oven for 10 – 15 minutes ready for clear coat
- Apply Clear coat
- Put last wheel back into oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool
If you want to get a really great looking set of alloy wheels, we highly recommend a powder coat process is used. For more information on what services we can offer for your alloys, simply call us on 0845 370 8881 or get a quick quote here.